PREN-FD 30S — 1 MONTH SUPPLY
SUMMARY / RUMUSAN:
- Health supplement for men & women
- To support general health, preconception, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause
- Contains 3 strips with 10 capsules on each strip
- MAL 21016032NC
- KKLIU 2136/2021
INGREDIENTS / BAHAN-BAHAN:
- 600mcg folate (Quatrefolic®)
- 1000 IU Vitamin D3
DIRECTIONS / CARA MEMAKAN:
– One (1) capsule with, or after any meal of the day
STORAGE / SIMPANAN:
To store at room temperature, below 30°C.
DISCLAIMER: While SHOPMEDS2U strives to ensure all customers are well informed on the products listed, we highly advise that you consult your doctor(s) prior to purchase and consumption. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by SHOPMEDS2U. Please be aware that shipment may be delayed if order(s) are placed on a public holiday and/or over the weekend.
Quatrefolic® represents an innovative dietary ingredient designed to act as a nutrient in all areas where folic acid and supplementation has been recommended and allowed.
Quatrefolic® is the glucosamine salt of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate and is structurally analogous to the reduced and active form of folic acid. Developed by Gnosis By Lesaffre it represents the fourth generation folate compared to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt guaranteeing an improved bioavailability.
Choosing Quatrefolic® as a source of folate presents several advantages both for manufacturer of food and feed ingredients and for the consumer of supplements and food products:
- Provides the active form of folate, , naturally present in the body and available for its biological action.
- Has been recognized GRAS. Gnosis by Lesaffre has undertaken several in vitro and in-vivo preclinical and clinical studies to characterize and guarantee the safety profile of the product.
- Is a Gnosis by Lesaffre proprietary product with patents and trademark applications guaranteeing a wide range of use and covering all areas of folate application.
- Is produced according to cGMP, guaranteeing a reproducible quality profile.
- Glucosamine, as a salt of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, does not come from animal sources and the product is suitable for vegetarian consumption.
- Higher bioavailability and improved water solubility shown by Quatrefolic® respect to calcium salt, open new perspectives and uses for combinations and formulations with vitamins and minerals, both for dietary supplements and Food & Beverage industry.
QUATREFOLIC VS FOLIC ACID
The rational use of reduced folate (particularly reduced and methylated such as Quatrefolic®) is derived from the inability of a part of world population to assimilate and metabolize folic acid from food or supplements
Folic acid and also food folate are not biologically active and need to be converted to the metabolically active 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) through a multi steps process where the enzyme methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) owns a key role. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression, have polymorphic forms of this enzyme and do not produce adequate or effective MTHFR [1, 2, 3].Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) is one of the most important enzymes in human physiology, deficiencies in production or function of this enzyme have been associated with increased risk of different diseasesThe inability of a part of world population to assimilate and metabolize folic acid from food or supplements may jeopardize their health and increase the risk of adverse health outcomes.
The biological active form 5-Methylfolate such as Quatrefolic®, is kindly recommended because efficiently normalize the folate status of all potential subjects including who owns MTHFR polymorphism . These defects related to MTHFR are very common, though they vary enormously between ethnic groups and regions [10, 11]. Emerging science of nutrigenomics indicates that MTHFR most often refers to a genetic mutation that inhibits the ability of the body to methylate (or convert folic acid from the food we eat into the metabolite we need, L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) so as some individuals cannot actually use folic acid .
Cutting-edge scientific research is shed light how much the MTHFR polymorphism is implicated in chronic disease states and how folate nutrition may contribute to replace adequate methylation and overall health . The other advantage is that Quatrefolic® passes the gastric barrier and is absorbed mainly in the small intestine by a carrier mediated mechanism. The carrier is not saturated and this enables Quatrefolic® to ensure a higher folate uptake [1, 4].